[asterisk-users] SIP hardware phones

Jason W. Parks jason.w.parks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:46:39 CST 2012

The existing infrastructure I'm speaking of is the existing voice
infrastructure. It currently supports a digital PBX. No IP whatsoever,
but the wiring is rated for 10BaseT. As we look to replace the digital
PBX with VoIP, my options are to abandon that wiring and start using our
data network, or upgrade our existing voice infrastructure to support
VoIP. The numbers are showing It would be cost prohibitive to upgrade
our existing data network to support VoIP.  ...and I think you've just
supported one of my reasons for continuing to keep voice and data
networks separate. Since the voice network will be completely and
physically separate from any non-voice data, and all devices on that
network are phones, it just became a lot less complicated.  ...and I'm
only talking 10Mb between the phone and the switch. All switches would
be interconnected either with 100 or 1000.   Thanks for the response.  Jason

"Cheer up, the worst is yet to come."