[asterisk-users] No valid transports available, falling back to 'udp'.

Klaverstyn, David C David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com
Sun Feb 12 18:02:15 CST 2012

Hi All,

I just installed Asterisk 10.1.1 and on sip reload I see the following two errors.

WARNING[3665]: chan_sip.c:29242 reload_config: No valid transports available, falling back to 'udp'.
  == Using SIP CoS mark 4
WARNING[3665]: chan_sip.c:27839 build_peer: 'tcp' is not a valid transport type when tcpenabled=no. If no other is specified, the defaults from general will be used.

I don't understand this as I have in sip.conf
udpbindaddr=0.0.0.0

I've also tried
udpbindaddr=192.168.13.7
and
udpbindaddr=192.168.13.7:5060

with the same results.

Is there another setting that I am missing.  I have not made any changes to the default file settings, well none that I remember.

Regards
David Klaverstyn
Systems Engineer
Information Services, Asia-Pacific