[asterisk-users] Stumped about adding a semi-colon to a variable

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Feb 11 07:41:39 CST 2012

On 02/11/2012 04:41 AM, CDR wrote:
> I need to add a semi-colon to a variable, but no matter how I quote
> it, the parser ignores it and considers the semi-colon as the
> beginning of a comment.
> Si how do I concatenate the content of a variable to a semi-colon? I
> tried surrounding it with double quotes, single quotes, using a
> backslash first, a period first, to no avail.

This was just fixed in the release branches a couple of days ago, and
will be in the next round of releases of Asterisk 1.8 and 10 (release
candidates for them should appear in a couple of weeks). At this time,
there's no way to do it directly in the dialplan, but you can set such a
value using an AGI script or an AMI action. Not ideal, but possible.

--
Kevin P. Fleming