[asterisk-users] What is the best way to campaign dial 5000 numbers? Spool files or AMI actions?

asterisk jobs asteriskcoding at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 07:03:59 CST 2012

Hi everyone,

Using Asterisk 1.6x here with a TDM PRI. I have to run a campaign for about
5000 numbers and then put the call to agents right away and pull up the CRM
based on the number dialed. So, I am going to be doing some PHP+Ajax work.
I am familiar with spool files but I don't like the fact that I can't read
the status of the call in real-time. However, I know that it's the easiest
way to approach the issue.

Are there any benefits to one or the other method? Or what is the best way
to do something like this now-a-days? I may even be able to install
Asterisk 1.8x for this purpose if it makes my job easier.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks