[asterisk-users] Polycom firmware 4.0.1 and paging

Mike list at net-wall.com
Fri Feb 10 17:55:47 CST 2012

Not really, it did fix the "phantom ringing" I had (phone continued to ring
when connected to a caller), which was the main reason to upgrade, but I
believe so would upgrading to 3.3.4. Some pluses for me are:

-          It does make booting up MUCH faster

-          There is a "Warning" message when no registrations are successful
(as opposed to just empty phone icons) making remote support easier ("would
you describe the phone icon" gets old fast)

But that's about it. Yes, I know if it ain't broke don't fix it, but in the
end my decision was to move FROM 3.3.2 because of the ringing issue, so I
chose 4.0.1b instead of 3.3.4.  It`s a decision I am rethinking, to be
honest.

Mike