[asterisk-users] Asterisk V/s FreeSwitch

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Feb 9 07:19:05 CST 2012

 From: "Stefan Schmidt" <sst at sil.at>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:45 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk V/s FreeSwitch

Am 07.02.12 12:38, schrieb virendra bhati:
> Hi List,
>
> Why FreeSwitch can handle more then 1,000CC and asterisk only 25CC ?
What
> technology FreeSwitch is used and asterisk don't. I don't know it's the
> right or wrong but this question come to my mind...

I had done some load tests with asterisk 10 and my highest results was:

1750 calls per seconds up to
13000 concurrent calls

done on a intel xeon with dual six core and hyperthreading (= 24 cores)
and 12 GB ram. the sysload was around 2.5 during this test.

so i am not impressed by 1000 concurrent calls.

best regards

stefan
Stefan

This is on target with my configuration I am working on.   What kind of
dialplan were you using when running the tests.
Were you doing database lookups or just answering the calls and playing
hold music.  Any example would be appreciated so we can quantify your test
results. I look forward to your response.

Thanks
Bryant