[asterisk-users] Automatic Number Identification and anonymous calls

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 9 04:12:53 CST 2012

2012/2/8, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>:
> On 02/08/2012 12:40 PM, Olivier wrote:

>>> Mostly correct; ANI is only delivered over ISDN, SS7 and *some* E&M
>>> trunk circuits. Analog circuits have no ability to transport ANI.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kevin P. Fleming
>>> Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
>>> Jabber: kfleming at digium.com | SIP: kpfleming at digium.com | Skype:
>>> kpfleming
>>> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
>>> Check us out at www.digium.com&  www.asterisk.org
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Thanks for telling ANI feature can't come along analog lines.
>>
>> I did another test towards an ISDN BRI line and got the same results :
>> ANI and CID are either both displayed or both hidden at the same time.
>
> You need to talk to your provider to see if your circuit is provisioned
> to send you ANI at all; if it's not sent by the provider, Asterisk just
> duplicates the CLID into the ANI channel variable.

Then, may I say that I would prefer to have the ANI left blank, if the
network doesn't provide this data, and let system administrators know
about this.

 Most end-customer
> (retail) ISDN circuits are not configured to send ANI unless the
> customer asks for it.
This matches what I had in mind : ANI being something dedicated to
emergency services that may also be available to others requiring it.