[asterisk-users] Asterisk V/s FreeSwitch

virendra bhati virbhati at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:33:32 CST 2012

thanks Gilles,

After reading these web links. it's pretty clear that FreeSwitch is batter
then Asterisk feature, quality wise. But asterisk is easy to used.

But the question is still open from my end.

*How* *FreeSwitch can support 1000CC but asterisk not* ?

Because FreeSwitch used XML as configuration and asterisk plan text file ?
FreeSwitch used sofia_sip and asterisk used sip ?
Asterisk is PBX and FreeSwitch is SoftSwitch ?

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:08:18 +0530, virendra bhati <virbhati at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Why FreeSwitch can handle more then 1,000CC and asterisk only 25CC ? What
> >technology FreeSwitch is used and asterisk don't. I don't know it's the
> >right or wrong but this question come to my mind...
>
> Provided Asterisk, even in release 1.8 or 10, does handle much fewer
> concurrent calls than Freeswitch, you might find the answer in those
> articles:
>
> "How does FreeSWITCH compare to Asterisk?"
> www.freeswitch.org/node/117
>
> "Asterisk vs FreeSWITCH"
> www.richappsconsulting.com/blog/blog-detail/asterisk-vs-freeswitch/
>
> "Asterisk vs. FreeSWITCH"
> www.anders.com/cms/266
>
> "Open Source VoIP: Asterisk or FreeSwitch?"
> www.zdnet.com/blog/greenfield/open-source-voip-asterisk-or-freeswitch/233
>
> "FreeSwitch vs Asterisk"
> www.dslreports.com/forum/r23246683-FreeSwitch-vs-Asterisk
>

> --