[asterisk-users] Asterisk V/s FreeSwitch

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Feb 7 09:40:47 CST 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:08:18 +0530, virendra bhati <virbhati at gmail.com>
wrote:
>Why FreeSwitch can handle more then 1,000CC and asterisk only 25CC ? What
>technology FreeSwitch is used and asterisk don't. I don't know it's the
>right or wrong but this question come to my mind...

Provided Asterisk, even in release 1.8 or 10, does handle much fewer
concurrent calls than Freeswitch, you might find the answer in those
articles:

"How does FreeSWITCH compare to Asterisk?"
www.freeswitch.org/node/117

"Asterisk vs FreeSWITCH"
www.richappsconsulting.com/blog/blog-detail/asterisk-vs-freeswitch/

"Asterisk vs. FreeSWITCH"
www.anders.com/cms/266

"Open Source VoIP: Asterisk or FreeSwitch?"
www.zdnet.com/blog/greenfield/open-source-voip-asterisk-or-freeswitch/233

"FreeSwitch vs Asterisk"
www.dslreports.com/forum/r23246683-FreeSwitch-vs-Asterisk