[asterisk-users] Early Media configuration doesn't seem to be working

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 04:53:50 CST 2012

Hi

We are using asterisk 1.8.7.0

Our Sip provider is passing us ringing via Early Media, i.e. using a SIP
183 Session Progress, with session description message which is fine for
the most part but some of our customers are terminating on an ISDN
gateway which doesn't interpret this message and those customers get no
ringing.

After doing some reading on the subject I have tried the following
set prematuremedia=yes in sip.conf
set progressinband=never in sip.conf
set progressinband=never in the peers configuration in question

but the asterisk server still passes on the 183 message and RTP stream
rather than converting it to a SIP 180 Ringing message.

Is there a problem here or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks
in Advance

Ish
--