[asterisk-users] Binding to 0.0.0.0 a security risk?

Josh mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Mon Feb 6 17:28:42 CST 2012

> While usually thread hijacking is not something that should be done,
> in this case thank you for hijacking it as the OP on his original
> topic was way off topic.

Why is that - I think I posted legitimate questions/queries with regards
to the installation, configuration and running of Asterisk - how is that
"off-topic"?

> Asterisk can quite nicely deal with NAT provided you set it up right.
> That said the answer to your question is it doable? yes it is. Next
> time do lots of hands on and you'll see for yourself.
> The reason I see this as off topic is because it was mainly routing
> questions you had which is linux and not asterisk.

I disagree - my original questions were with regards to installing,
setting up and using Asterisk in a multi-interface environment (NAT, as
well as restricting Asterisk to which interface it needs to bind to is
part of that process as far as I know). My questions are not how to do
general NAT - I am perfectly capable of implementing that, having over
18 years experience with that sort of thing, thank you. My questions
were more on how/whether Asterisk deals (or whether is capable of
dealing) with NAT and all the other issues I raised in my initial post.

One last thing though - drop the attitude - if you are not
willing/capable of contributing anything to this thread just move along
- there is nothing to see here.

> Everyone knows? Not me. From Steves post I understand that neither
> does he know. Do you mind explaining this?

See my previous post.