[asterisk-users] Why doesn't this manager.conf code work on Asterisk 1.6.2 and 1.8.9?

Frank Church voipfc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:33:57 CST 2012

Why doesn't this manager.conf code work on Asterisk 1.6.2 and 1.8.9? It
works perfectly on Asterisk 1.4

In Asterisk 1.6 it appears to disconnect as soon as events occur and in
1.8.9 it can't be read at all. Apparently it has some syntax issues with
1.8.9.

Is it possible to tell at a glance what the issues might be? I am setting
up my program in trace mode to see what is going on, but I'd like to know
where the syntax issues lie.

;
; Asterisk Call Management support
;

; By default asterisk will listen on localhost only.
[general]
displaysystemname = no
enabled = yes
webenabled = yes
port = 5038

;httptimeout = 1800

bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
;displayconnects = yes
;
; Add a Unix epoch timestamp to events (not action responses)
;
;timestampevents = yes

[username]
secret=password
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;permit=10.0.2.2/255.255.255.255
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,all
;read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
;write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

; If the device connected via this user accepts input slowly,
; the timeout for writes to it can be increased to keep it
; from being disconnected (value is in milliseconds)
;
; writetimeout = 100
;
; Authorization for various classes