[asterisk-users] How to play audio file in background in dialplan?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Feb 3 17:42:27 CST 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, Yaroslav Panych wrote:

> Yes, DO-SOME-ACTION-BASED-ON-PREVIOUS-CALL-RETURN-CODE interacts with Asterisk.

>> Does the entire ${PROFILE_MUSIC} file need to be played or does it need
>> to be interrupted when
>> DO-SOME-ACTION-BASED-ON-PREVIOUS-CALL-RETURN-CODE completes?

> It should be stopped only after
> DO-SOME-ACTION-BASED-ON-PREVIOUS-CALL-RETURN-CODE completes. It is
> actually my longtime operation. taskproxy works very fast - fetches from
> external storage data for DO-SOME-ACTION...

Then, as Eric suggested, externivr() may be fruitful.

Just as a 'disclaimer,' I'm just a 1.2 Luddite so if some newer
functionality exists I may not know about it.

I don't know if externivr() will give you the 'start-streaming-file,
continue with my dialplan, stop-streaming-file' kind of experience.

I think externivr() may still be very 'AGIish' -- you call it, do do a
bunch of stuff in it, and then return to your dialplan.

--
Thanks in advance,