[asterisk-users] [asterisk-dev] How to play audio file in background in dialplan?

Yaroslav Panych panych.y at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:31:52 CST 2012

2012/2/3 Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>:
> Do your processing in an AGI. Before you get into your 'longtime task'
> create another thread to play your file.
>
> When you finish your 'longtime task' join the background thread.

Yes, part of task is executed in AGI. But, I still do not understand
how I can do something with Asterisk while it locks pbx execution for
channel on particular application.
I prefer simple solution like:
same=>n,start-play-in-background-app(file-to-play)
same=>n,do-one-stuff()
a-lot-of-`same=>n,do-something`s-here
same=>n,do-other-stuff()
same=>n,stop-play-in-background-app()
In generally I need something like PlayTones/StopPlayTones pair, but
instead of giving list of tones/name-of-list I want give name of
freshly generated file.