[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI unresponsive

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Fri Feb 3 09:32:33 CST 2012

On 12-02-03 09:53 AM, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> On 02/03/2012 03:48 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:

>>> How can I reproduce when I don't know what causes the "deadlock" ??
>>>
>>> That is part of my question : what can have caused this "deadlock" ?
>>> I can go on for weeks without any problem, and then suddenly there's
>>> what appears to be a "deadlock".
>>>
>> That's what the backtrace will tell us. If you already have
>> DONT_OPTIMIZED compiled on your production server, then attach gdb to
>> the process and generate the backtrace.
>
> I can not reproduce a problem which I don't know what causes it.
>
> These seems like the chicken and the egg.
>
> There is no core-file generated. It's just the CLI that freezes, not a
> restart of Asterisk.

You don't need a core-file for a deadlock, you are confusing it was a crash.

Regardless, my previous comment was not complete.  There is nothing you
can do until you recompile and enable DEBUG_THREADS (information
available from the previous wiki link). And yes, this will cause a
performance hit to your system,

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer