[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI unresponsive

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:46:30 CST 2012

On 3 February 2012 12:12, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be> wrote:
> On 02/03/2012 01:05 PM, Mikhail Lischuk wrote:
>
> Jonas Kellens писал 03.02.2012 12:09:
>

> using asterisk 1.6.2.22
>
> What is wrong with Asterisk when the CLI becomes unresponsive ?!
>

> Greetings. I am using the same version, Asterisk 1.6.2.22
>
> IDK is your problem is same as mine. My CLI also becomes unresponsive
> sometimes, however it does not affect calls at all. And all commands I type
> get processed and output given after some time - 3 or 5 minutes.
>
> As I determined, this happens when Asterisk is rotating logs.
>
> You can see it by issuing `ps aux | grep asterisk` at that time.
>
> IDK if this is normal (due to logfile locks or whatever) or not.
>

> Hello,
>
> my logs get rotated at 8h15, 12h15 and 17h15. The deadlock occurred at
> 10h34. Don't think this is the relation between problem and deadlock.
>
> There is no more output on the CLI, so I don't see if the calls which are
> going on are affected and are hang up.

I think you are best to rebuild your asterisk with lock tracking
enabled (it is one of the debug options) and then when it locks, do a
"core show locks" and post it here.

Normally I would suggest posting it to the bugtracker, but 1.6.2 is
no-longer supported, so that would be a waste of time.

Regards,
Steve