[asterisk-users] Proposed changes to Asterisk release and support cycles

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Feb 2 15:57:41 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:39:21AM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> I've created a page on wiki.asterisk.org outlining some changes
> we're proposing to make to the Asterisk release and support cycles.
> As always, before implementing any changes of this type, we'd like
> to collect some community feedback on the proposal.
>
> The page is here:
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/x/5ggiAQ
>
> Feel free to comment here, or on the page itself if you find any
> errors or inconsistencies in the page's content.

For the record: the next LTS (11) happens at a bad timing for Debian:
the freeze is at about the same time of the planned Debian freeze. Which
means that the release will just barely not make it, and we're probably
stuck with either 1.8 or 10 . Given that we'll need to maintain it for
~4 years, 1.8 is preffered to 10.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com