[asterisk-users] Proposed changes to Asterisk release and support cycles

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 2 11:01:38 CST 2012

2012/1/31 John Knight <john at classiccitytelco.com>

> Personally, I don't think what Digium is doing is necessarily a perfect
> approach (hey, what is?  we're all human), but they've vastly improved the
> quality of Asterisk from a support perspective.

I also agree that IMHO, Asterisk quality has vastly improved.
Though nothing replace "field experience", as a consequence, I feel much
more confident when upgrading from one version to another.

So if the previous plan which focuses development teams on fewer releases,
still rules that would be OK for me as long as new Asterisk versions are
carefully published (regression testing, ...).