[asterisk-users] FXS hangup issues

Ari Pollak ajp at aripollak.com
Wed Feb 1 20:09:55 CST 2012

Greetings,

I currently have an Asterisk 1.8.8.1 system set up with SIP accounts
as well as a Wildcard TDM400P REV I card with both FXS and FXO
ports - FXO is connected to outside lines, FXS connected to inside
analog phones. Everything about the setup works fine except one thing -
after making calls to or from any of the analog phones, and the other
side hangs up, the analog phone just gives a busy signal instead of
hanging up. On the Asterisk console, it seems to think it's hung up
the phone too:

== Spawn extension (from-office, 44, 50005) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/5-1'
    -- Hanging up on 'DAHDI/5-1'
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/5-1'

chan_dahdi.conf is mostly just the default with just the lines
defined, nothing too fancy, and this doesn't happen for SIP clients or remote
phones via the FXO ports.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ari