[asterisk-users] Getting one way audio even NAT is configured

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Feb 1 14:38:01 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Ahmed Munir <ahmedmunir007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting one way audio when calling over the SIP trunk i.e. end device
> B (remote end of SIP trunk) can hear device A (softphone registered with
> Asterisk) but device A can't hear device B. Even though I configured same
> NAT configurations on other servers and they are working good. The NAT
> configuration is listed below;
>
> localnet=130.0.0.0/130.0.0.0
> externhost=12.131.12.13
> externrefresh=10
> fromdomain=test.localhost.com
> nat=yes
> qualify=yes
> canreinvite=no
>

> NAT on device end i.e. my softphone (extension) has already set to yes
> with canreinvite=no  but still unable to resolve this issue. SIP traces are
> listed below;

<snip>

> The Asterisk version I'm using is 1.8.5. Please assist me at earliest.

Which device (A or B) is behind NAT with regards to your asterisk server?
Is that the actual localnet= statement you're using, because to my
understanding that is not the proper format to use (should be
localnet=x.x.x.x/y.y.y.y where x.x.x.x is your actual local network, and
y.y.y.y is your subnet for your local network).

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP