[asterisk-users] stop log/debug messages into /var/log/messages

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Dec 28 19:22:27 CST 2012

Please don't top-post.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012, [Digital^Dude] ® wrote:

> Asterisk 1.6.2.10
>
> Channel                             Type     Status    Configuration
> -------                             ----     ------    -------------
>                                     Console  Enabled    - Warning Notice Error
>
> the init script doesn't pipe in syslog/messages
>
> the /var/log/messages contains only AGI messages.

Did I write it?

Seriously, I thought I was the only one who used syslog() in my AGIs.

I write all my AGIs to use getopt_long() and define '--debug' and
'--verbose' to control the level of logging.

Why do you want to stop the logging? I consider it essential, especially
when something goes bump and you're trying to figure out what happened.

--
Thanks in advance,