[asterisk-users] asterisk seg fault 1.4.43

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Fri Dec 28 09:10:46 CST 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> I got the above seg fault on 1.4.43, I have recompiled with debug info.
> Is there any way to take the above and "locate" where in the code that is
> ???

If you got the segfault, then recompiled with debug info, then the
addresses in the segfault are no longer relevant to the binary you have.

Are you getting the segfault repeatedly? If so, then just wait for it to
happen again with the debug info and work with that, and/or the core file
that Asterisk creates.

If you can't reproduce the segfault, unfortunately that is just the way of
things sometimes. Could be a random bit-flip in a stick of memory.

In either case, if that segfault line was generated by a non-debug asterisk
build, it isn't really useful to you.

> Any other thoughts?
>
> Jerry
>

> --