[asterisk-users] $100 Bounty: Level3/Asterisk/Adtran T.38 Pass-through

Larry Moore lmoore at omninet.net.au
Thu Dec 27 16:07:56 CST 2012

On 28/12/2012 5:45 AM, Eric Wieling wrote:
> udptl.conf settings:
>
> [general]
> udptlstart=4000
> udptlend=4998
> udptlchecksums=no
> udptlfecentries = 3
> udptlfecspan = 3
> use_even_ports = yes
> T38FaxUdpEC = t38UDPRedundancy
> T38FaxMaxDatagram = 400
>

> sip.conf settings:
>
> directmedia=yes
> faxdetect = no
> t38pt_udptl=yes,redundancy,maxdatagram=400

 From memory when I was doing this in March 2011 Asterisk would not
allow a T.38 connection to successfully establish when canreinvite was
set to yes, I did have NAT involved in my testing hence T.38 would be
successful when canreinvite=no, the options to use now seeing as
canreinvite is deprecated are;

directmedia=no
direcrtpsetup=no

The T38Fax... options you have in udptl.conf are no longer supported.

I have the T.38 Fax Gateway patch applied to my installation of 1.8.18.1
though I don't believe this will make any difference as I had got my
T.38 relaying working prior to the patch.

I have in my sip.conf;

[general]

t38pt_udptl=yes,redundancy,maxdatagram=1400

You may also want to enable;

t38pt_usertpsource=yes

Larry.