[asterisk-users] $100 Bounty: Level3/Asterisk/Adtran T.38 Pass-through

Larry Moore lmoore at omninet.net.au
Thu Dec 27 14:59:44 CST 2012

On 28/12/2012 1:55 AM, Eric Wieling wrote:
> We are offering $100 (paid via paypal or check) to the first person who assists us in successfully sending and receiving faxes in the setup described below.  Offer expires Dec 31.  We are a direct customer of Level 3, there is no other carrier involved.
>
> What we want to work:
>
>      Level 3 T.38 TN <-> MSX/Nextone SBC <-> Asterisk 1.8.18.1 <-> Adtran NetVanta w/POTS and T.38 support.
>
> When we replace Asterisk with Kamailio faxes work fine.  When we put Asterisk there instead, then faxes fail nearly 100% of the time.
>
> I see the switch to T.38 in the Adtran debug logs.   We can originate and terminate T.38 calls in Asterisk using SendFax/ReceiveFax using T.38 so I'm assuming I have my udptl.conf and sip.conf settings correct.

In udptl.conf try the following option

;
; Some VoIP providers will only accept an offer with an even-numbered
; UDPTL port. Set this option so that Asterisk will only attempt to use
; even-numbered ports when negotiating T.38. Default is no.
use_even_ports = yes
;

Looking at some old notes other options I set for some devices to be
able to pass through T.38 in sip.conf were,

directmedia=no
t38pt_udptl=no

May be worth checking the following;

directrtpsetup=no