[asterisk-users] How do *you* test your changes to dialplans ruled by GotoIfTime?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Dec 27 14:00:44 CST 2012

Ernie Dunbar wrote:
> This appears to  boil down to "always remember to test it at the time
> that it becomes relevant". But if I was the kind of person who always
> remembered to do things at the right time, then there would never be a
> need for computers to do jobs like this in the first place.

I no longer use GotoIfTime for these events.  I do database lookups
based on date.  At the beginning of each year, our HR department
releases the holiday schedule and I enter them into the database.

All inbound calls query the database to see if there is a match and jump
to the appropriate sub-routine.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: