[asterisk-users] What is the maximum number of meetme's allowed?

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Mon Dec 24 12:06:55 CST 2012

2012-12-24 16:13, Deepesh D skrev:
> Hello,
>
> What is the maximum number of meetme's allowed by asterisk.
>
> On my server with an 8 GB memory, I start getting the following error
> after 150-160 meetme's are created
>
> WARNING[3485]: app_meetme.c:1820 conf_run: Unable to open DAHDI pseudo
> channel: Cannot allocate memory
>
> At this time the server still has about 6 GB of free memory. I even
> tried this on a server with higher memory, it gives the same result.
>
> I am using asterisk 1.4.44.

You have probably run out of file descriptors. Try
ulimit -n 8192
before starting asterisk (or in the safe_asterisk-script or the
init.d-script).

I think this is per default 1024 on debian, and if you use sip + meetme
you will hit the limit with about 150 concurrent calls.

--
Johan Wilfer

JT Technologies & Telecommunications AB
Jabber: johan at jttech.se | Web: www.jttech.se