[asterisk-users] asterisk 11 and no RTP

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Thu Dec 20 17:23:47 CST 2012

Jerry Geis wrote:

> >   Error loading module 'res_rtp_asterisk.so':
> >   /usr/lib64/libavformat.so.52: undefined symbol:
> >   av_tree_node_size
> This is the error I get when trying to start Asterisk 11 on centos 5.
>
> Asterisk 11 works fine on my centos 6 box - I also verified that on
> centos 6
> I do not have the above mentioend file.
>
> ls /usr/lib64/libav*
> libavahi-client.so.3      libavahi-common.so.3
> libavahi-core.so.6        libavahi-glib.so.1
> libavahi-ui.so.0          libavc1394.so.0
> libavahi-client.so.3.2.5  libavahi-common.so.3.5.1
> libavahi-core.so.6.0.1    libavahi-glib.so.1.0.1
> libavahi-ui.so.0.1.1      libavc1394.so.0.3.0
>
> Is there another library it can use "instead" of libavformat?
> something
> I have installed on Centos 6
> and not on centos 5?

I'm not aware of what alternatives if any are available and for which
versions of CentOS they would be available for... this sort of thing
isn't really something I have a great deal of expertise with. If I
had to guess, the problem is that libavahi and libavformat is probably
a dependency of pjproject/pjnath which is employed by res_rtp_asterisk
Asterisk 11, though I'm not certain about that.  You might be able to
use the old res_rtp_asterisk by grabbing it from Asterisk 10's source
and making whatever tweaks are needed... but I wouldn't recommend it.

Is there some reason you can't get the required libraries for CentOS5?
Without knowing what the differences are between libs you have on the
CentOS5 and CentOS6 machines... I really don't have a lot to go on.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer