[asterisk-users] asterisk 11 and DAHDI/i4

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Dec 20 13:55:46 CST 2012

I have a little dialplan context now...

[check-chanisavail]
exten => s,1,ChanIsAvail(${agi_channel})
exten => s,n,System(/bin/echo ${AVAILCHAN} > /tmp/${agi_file})
exten => s,n,Hangup()

and a call file:

Channel: Local/s at check-chanisavail/n
Context: check-chanisavail
Extension: s
SetVar: agi_file=jerry
SetVar: agi_channel=DAHDI/1

To tell me if a channel is busy or not.

When no channels are busy I execute the dialplan above and
it correctly gave me DAHDI/1-1 in my file. As expected.

When I call in from the outside into my asterisk box,
then I execute my dialplan above and I query (DAHDI/1) I get
AVAILCHAN = "" which is what I expect.

However, if I use a polycom phone to dial out, and then I execute
my dialplan above and I query (DAHDI/1) it says its still available.
Should it not say AVAILCHAN = "" as I am using that line it is not
available.

Thanks,

Jerry