[asterisk-users] Catching "hold" in dialplan

Andrew White andrew at computersforall.com.au
Tue Dec 18 17:19:18 CST 2012

Hey all,

I've built a custom application for our call center and am having one problem. Unfortunately certain things happen whilst the agent has the customer on hold which I'd like to work around. But I can't work out how to catch the actual hold event so I can do something about it. From the console with verbosity on 12, all I can see is:

    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/trunk-00009546
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/100-00009547

I'm happy to try and catch this AGI or via manager if needed, however a dialplan based solution would be best.

Thanks all!

Andrew