[asterisk-users] ReceiveFax

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:46:32 CST 2012

Hi

I am trying to get faxes to work with Asterisk and ReceiveFax. The problem
is that I am getting only about 60% of success (for example two of six fax
transmissions always fails). The most common errors are "Error : Unexpected
DCN after requested retransmission" and "Error : Disconnected after
permitted retries".

The scenario is like this:

Fax machine ----- ATA ------ (SIP) ------ Asterisk 11.1.0 ----- ReceiveFax

I am using Cisco SPA122 and Sipura SPA2102 (both with the newest firmware).
Both are configured to use T38. I can see that Asterisk and ATAs negotiate
fax T38.
Is this a common issue with these ATAs. I am obviously doing something
wrong. Can anyone point me in to right direction. I can provide the logs
form both good and failing transmission.
BTW
Fax machine to fax machine transmission with these ATAs almost always works.

Cheers