[asterisk-users] call recording via 3rd INVITE/SIP leg

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Dec 13 08:45:22 CST 2012

Tom Browning wrote:
> I have a call recording (audio) requirement that isn't addressed by
> local Monitor/Record features.
>
> All signalling and media currently pass through the Asterisk servers,
> so that won't be an issue.
>
> Instead of locally recording audio, for certain calls I need to add
> what is effectively a 3rd leg to the in progress 2-leg call.
>
> This 3rd leg is a SIP dial to a URI and/or PSTN number.
>
> I'm thinking I have to do this with a conference bridge config and add
> a 3rd muted leg to the conference?

If you don't want to incur the overhead of a full blown conference
bridge you can use ChanSpy to spy on a channel. It will provide a mixed
stream of the incoming and outgoing part of the channel. So essentially
use Originate to call your 3rd leg and then have it execute ChanSpy with
the correct criteria to get to the right leg.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp