[asterisk-users] Polycom phones and ring no answer/302 Moved Temporarily

Justin Sherrill Justin.Sherrill at americanrocksalt.com
Wed Dec 12 15:48:33 CST 2012

I have several Polycom IP550 phones running UC 4.0.3, connected to Asterisk 1.8.

Setting forwarding for "Always"  works as expected; the phone issues a 302 Moved Temporarily, and Asterisk shifts the call to the new location.

Setting forwarding to "No Answer" means a 302 never gets issued.  It just rings and eventually goes to voicemail.  Watching with Wireshark, I never see a 302 SIP message issued.  I can't find anything in the phone settings that look like it would disable this.

Anyone else with a Polycom set that sees this, or does not see this and has "forward no answer" working?

Justin Sherrill - American Rock Salt
P: 585-991-6825 F: 585-991-6925 C: 585-298-6826