[asterisk-users] ODBC Connection Problem

Thorsten Göllner tg at ovm-group.com
Tue Dec 11 03:52:28 CST 2012

First of all test your odbc-connection via console:
isql telco-ops dba c3podb at 2012 -v
You should see a "Connected!"-Message. Do you?

Second: yes I also had problems setting up odbc. The main
"problem/error" for me was, that documentation is sometimes confusing.
Here is my config. Please notice the [section] - namings:

/etc/odbcinst.ini
[MySQL]
Description = MySQL ODBCMyODBC Driver
Driver = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so
FileUsage = 1

/etc/odbc.ini
[MySQL-asterisk]
Description = MySQL ODBC Driver
Driver = MySQL
Socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Server = localhost
User = my_username
Password = my_password
Database = my_database
Option = 3
Port =
Charset = utf8

/etc/asterisk/res_odbc.conf
[mysql]
enabled => yes
dsn => MySQL-asterisk
username => my_username
password => my_password
pre-connect => yes

/etc/asterisk/cdr_odbc.conf
[global]
dsn=mysql
loguniqueid=yes
dispositionstring=yes
table=cdr

/etc/asterisk/cel_odbc.conf
[first]
connection=mysql
table=cel|

Additionally you will need some configurations for you realtime-config.
This config above is only for cdr- and cel-logging via odbc.

-Thorsten-