[asterisk-users] Partial authentication possible?

John Gilbert johng at motorolasolutions.com
Mon Dec 10 11:59:44 CST 2012

I have a non-standard SIP client that I am trying to integrate with an Asterisk 10 server.

This client requires that it register with the Asterisk server and that this registration not be authenticated.

When a call is passed from Asterisk to the SIP client, the client does require Asterisk to authenticate. Is it possible to configure Asterisk to not request authentication on the registration but to respond to authentication challenges on the invite? I am not able to make any configuration changes to this non-standard SIP client.

John