[asterisk-users] [OT] Polycom IP450 Firmware Issues

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Dec 6 15:09:58 CST 2012

I have a site with Polycom handsets on all the desks, mostly IP650s, some IP550s, and some IP450s as well.

I need to update the firmware on the IP450s. However, the firmware simply won't load.

The latest firmware (4.0.3 Rev F) supports all phones at this site, and was downloaded from here: http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sip_sw_releases_matrix.html

The phone pulls the firmware from the PBX via TFTP (as expected), but always results in 'Error: Image is not compatible with the phone'.

As a troubleshooting step, *ALL* firmware has been removed from the TFTP root, and *ONLY* the new firmware placed there. So, is the Polycom firmware matrix wrong about this phone/firmware compatibility, or am I missing something? The bootrom has also been upgraded to the latest without any problems.

Thoughts? My head is getting sore from banging it on my desk... :/

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105