[asterisk-users] Calling from SIP client then bridge between two end points

Satish Barot satish4asterisk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:10:42 CST 2012

Assuming a sip client lands calls in a context named 'from-sip', I would
have following sort of logic in dialplan.

[from-sip]
exten => _X.,1,Noop(${EXTEN},${UNIQUEID})
same => n,System(echo -e
"Channel:Local/s at specific-number/n\\nContext:external\\nExtension:s\\npriority:1\\nSet:
external_num=${EXTEN}" >/tmp/${UNIQUEID}.call)
same => n,System(/bin/mv /tmp/${UNIQUEID}.call
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/)
same => n,Hangup()

[specific-number]
exten => s,1,Noop()
same => n,Dial(DAHDI/g0/XXXXXXXXXX,30)

[external]
exten => s,1,Noop()
same => n,Dial(DAHDI/g0/${external_num},30)

You can also use Asterisk application 'originate' in place of callfiles. I
normally prefer local channels in Callfiles or Originate so that I can have
better call control through dialplan.

--Satish Barot