[asterisk-users] Impromptu conferencing

Brandon B. brandon at brellsystems.com
Sun Dec 2 18:32:07 CST 2012

The feature can be enabled on outbound and inbound calls by connecting both
channels of a connected call to a conference room after the connection is
made. This accomplishes your need to not do anything vs. giving the called
person instructions, transferring the call to a conference room and then
dialing into it immediately. For example, if the conference room is 999 for
phone 999, and phone 999 uses the context [all-outbound-for-999] for
outbound calls and [all-inbound-for-999], then:

[all-outbound-for-999]
; outbound dialing through a conference room
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,MeetMeCount(999,COUNT-999);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,GotoIf($["${COUNT-999}">="1"]?10);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,3,Set(CALLERID(num)=5550000999);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,4,Set(CALLERID(name)=Phone 999);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,5,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN},99,G(6));
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,6,MeetMe(999,FAqx);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,7,MeetMe(999,Fqx);

; bypass the conference room for multiple outbound calls
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,10,Set(CALLERID(num)=5550000999);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,11,Set(CALLERID(name)=Phone 999);
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,12,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN});

[all-inbound-for-999]
; inbound extension through a conference room
exten => 999,1,MeetMeCount(999,COUNT-999);
exten => 999,2,GotoIf($["${COUNT-999}">="1"]?10);
exten => 999,3,Dial(SIP/99,999,G(6));
exten => 999,4,Hangup;
exten => 999,6,MeetMe(999,FAqx);
exten => 999,7,MeetMe(999,Fqx);

; bypass the conference room for multiple inbound calls
exten => 999,10,Dial(SIP/999);