[asterisk-users] setvar from chan_dahdi.conf

Chet W. Stevens cwstevens at interact.ccsd.net
Sat Dec 1 09:04:34 CST 2012

Would someone be able to give an example of a working use of setvar from chan_dahdi.conf? I am trying to create a custom variable like I use in sip.conf but I have been completely unsuccessful getting any variable set using setvar to appear for a DAHDI
channel. I am running 1.8.11-cert8 and am using the newer format (but I have tried using the older [channels] format). Here is an example:

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

[phone_template](!)
usecallerid = yes
hidecallerid = no
callwaiting = no
threewaycalling = yes
transfer = yes
echocancel = yes
echotraining = yes
immediate = no
context = longdistance
signalling = fxo_ks

[test1](phone_template)
callerid = "Test 1" <(111)222-3333>
setvar=myvariable=test
dahdichan = 1

I have tried every example I have been able to find but nothing appears in a DumpChan. Thank you.

Chet Stevens