[asterisk-users] Record calls as BLOB into MySQL?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 10:58:46 CDT 2012

In article <CADBM-wiAgu9ALX1rqf1e_3Di3piPznYhiLT5huYC851spzHjsA at mail.gmail.com>,
Stefan at WPF <stefan.at.wpf at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Danny,
>
> do you mean better put the filename into the database?

I would normally just put the filename into the database. However, if you
had a good reason for storing the actual content in a BLOB field, you could
use the LOAD_FILE() function to copy from the file to the field. See

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-functions.html#function_load-file

You would need to make sure your MySQL configuration had a suitable value
for max_allowed_packet, as mentioned in the above section.

Cheers
Tony

> 2012/8/31 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>
>
> > Probably “possible” but not recommendable.  You have no idea how long your
> > call will or will not be.  It would be better to record the call into a wav
> > or gsm file, then put that into the blob.****
> >
> > ** **

Tony Mountifield