[asterisk-users] Asterisk hangs while starting in OpenSuse 12.2

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Aug 30 08:33:45 CDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 01:42:06PM +0200, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 08/30/2012 09:45 AM, Gopalakrishnan N wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have installed libpri, Dahdi 2.6 and Asterisk 1.8.15, in normal host,
> >I am not using any virtualbox, still i struck in loading the modules.
>
> Please do not top post.
>
> Install strace and then start asterisk with the command:
> # strace asterisk

Asterisk will fork into the background and the process you trace will
exit.

  strace -f asterisk #?
  strace asterisk -f #?

Just in case you wonder, 'asterisk -f strace' will not work as you might
have expected from the above examples. Nither will '-f strace asterisk'.

'-U asterisk ' may also come in handy.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com