[asterisk-users] change channel variable to a user chosen value during a call

Frederic Van Espen frederic.ve at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 04:34:39 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm in the following usecase:

A customer calls in to an asterisk box and the call is answered by an
employee. During this call, the employee has to set the CDR(accountcode)
for the channel from his phone. Is this possible with asterisk?

What I've tried so far is to add a dynamic feature in the
[applicationmap] section of features.conf which executes a Macro (I know
it's not recommended according to the comment in the sample config
file). Executing this macro works, but when using the Read application
asterisk does not hear the DTMF digits I enter.

Anyone else ran into the same situation and has any recommendations?

Regards,

Frederic