[asterisk-users] Click-to-call software in a hosted environment

Andrew White andrew at computersforall.com.au
Wed Aug 29 18:52:59 CDT 2012

I usually custom code it. I've got a PHP interface set up on one of our asterisk boxes (locked down via IP range) that allows calls to be initiated via the script. I can interface with this via standard HTTP requests from anything I want. I've written solutions as Chrome/Firefox addons, local applications, even built them into web pages.

Outlook uses VBA if I remember correctly, and I think Apple Mail is Objective C (handy language to learn - also used for iOS devices like iPhones and iPads).

Best of luck,

Andrew