[asterisk-users] Best practices for hints management in extensions.conf

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 28 11:51:42 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm banging my head on Freepbx 2.10 setup with which a SIP hardphone can
subscribe to some Freepbx-generated hints and still cannot subscribe to
other Freepbx-generated hints (404 Not Found).
I would be very curious to learn here a bit more about how Asterisk 1.8
(and above) deals with hint statements.

Is it recommanded to group hint statements together in dedicated context
or alternatively use patterns like:
[mysupercontext]
exten => 1234,hint,Custom:Foobar1234
exten => 1234,1,Noop(Dialing 1234)
exten => 1234,n,<snip>

What's the upside-downside of both methods ?

Regards