[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.15 distintive ringtone for internal calls

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Mon Aug 27 12:06:41 CDT 2012

On 08/27/2012 01:02 PM, motty.cruz wrote:
> Hello, would like to have distintive ringtone for internal calls, google
> gave me blurr answer.
>
> My extensions are 46**, any calls made within 46** I want to ring
> differently than external calls.

Assuming you are using SIP handsets, distinctive ring isn't directly an
Asterisk feature. Rather, you must consult the documentation for your
endpoints, and determine how to signal them to use a different ringer.
Usually it involves a SIP header. For an example, I use snom 870
handets, and I have this in my dialplan:

SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info:
<http://notused.example.com>;info=sales;x-line-id=0)

and I've also configured the handsets to associate "sales" with "Ringer 3".