[asterisk-users] One leg in a conference and adjusting stream volume of other leg

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Aug 27 08:41:54 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

<snip>

> A SIP caller dials into to my Asterisk 10. He will automatically
> listen
> to a specific MP3 stream.

As you're using Asterisk 10, I'm going to assume you're using ConfBridge.

<snip>

> When they adjust the volume of the stream, if effects only their
> stream,
> and not the volume of the stream of the other callers.
>
> In short: All callers at all times are *always* in the same
> conference,
> but each caller is able to increase or decrease the volume of "their"
> MP3 stream individually.

You can use ConfBridge's DTMF menus to allow a participant to change
their listening volume.  This should only affect the audio that the
participant hears, and not the other participants in the conference -
regardless of whether or not the audio originates from the same source.

[bridge_user_menu]
*1=increase_listening_volume
1=increase_listening_volume
*2=decrease_listening_volume
2=decrease_listening_volume

For more information on setting up DTMF menus and associating them with
bridge users, see the ConfBridge article on the Asterisk wiki:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/ConfBridge+10

> If I'm right the MP3 stream cannot come from inside conference
> (MeetMe
> or ConfBridge with MOH) because there is no functionality to control
> the
> volume individually.

<snip>

No, that's fine.  ConfBridge allows you to control the listening/speaking
volume of each participant.  See above.

<snip>

> I don't know where to start. Queue? Local channel? ...

If you wanted to stream your sound from a source other than MOH, using a
Local channel may be appropriate.  I'm not sure how a Queue would help here.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager