[asterisk-users] can we install 10 PCI card on asterisk

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Mon Aug 27 07:40:23 CDT 2012

On Monday 27 Aug 2012, DHAVAL INDRODIYA wrote:
> i would like to know if anyone has done or having idea regarding PRI
> terminations in asterisk.
>
> i have a requirement where i need to support 80 PRI in one machine i
> have found a machine which have 10 PCI slots available
>
> now i am thinking of arranging 8port sangoma card in this pci slots
> so i can arrenge 10 card in that.

Last I checked, the highest channel number DAHDI supported was 1023,
limiting you to some 34 E1 PRIs.

> is it possible to run system like that ? is it good idea , can
> asterisk handle 2400 calls if machine size and RAM is good.

We've faced stability issues with more than 500 simultaneous calls on a
single high-powered server, with no transcoding.  However, that's
probably more a limitation of our own architecture and application than
a hard Asterisk limit.

Regards,

-- Raj
--