[asterisk-users] xmpp / sip

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 24 06:57:58 CDT 2012

Hi Hans,

On 24-08-12 10:13, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After making a nice demo-setup for one of our innivationmanagers, he
> came up with a completely different stratagy ;-(

Well if you could create it then obviously it's no longer innovative so
they had to come up with something else :-)

> They want to have an Ejabberd server, with xmpp-clients.
> When you see a contact coming online, just point and click for making a
> phone call.

The concept sounds like what Cisco was using internally. The Asterisk
Wiki only mentions Tigase so you may want to verify that ejabberd
supports the required XMPP PubSub stuff.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Distributed+Device+State+with+XMPP+PubSub

Regards,
Patrick