[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Wave files.

Andrew White andrew at computersforall.com.au
Fri Aug 24 02:17:25 CDT 2012

The built in "file convert" function has saved my bacon when I need to convert quickly.

Apart from that, there are a ton of examples with external programs on voip-info.org:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Convert+WAV+audio+files+for+use+in+Asterisk
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files

Audacity can convert files to wav and you can use the above to convert from wav very easily.

Best of luck!

Andrew