[asterisk-users] RemoveQueueMember and realtime queues

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Thu Aug 23 09:12:03 CDT 2012

On 08/23/2012 10:05 AM, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> using asterisk 1.8.11.1
> using realtime queues
>
> When trying to remove a queue member, I get the following :
>
> -- Executing [122 at from-TESTCORP:2]
> RemoveQueueMember("SIP/testcorp5-0000000c",
> "testcorpq1,SIP/testcorp7") in new stack
> WARNING[18788]: app_queue.c:5653 rqm_exec: Unable to remove interface
> from queue 'testcorpq1': 'SIP/testcorp7' is not a dynamic member

The answer is right there: you can't remove the member because it's not
a dynamic member. A dynamic member is one that was added with
AddQueueMember. If you want to remove a static member (that is, one that
was defined in queues.conf, or in your realtime database) then you have
to remove it by removing it from that configuration. RemoveQueueMember
can't do it.

You can verify that a member is dynamic by observing "(dynamic)" next to
the agent's name in "queue show".

Perhaps you can set persistentmembers=yes in queues.conf [general]
section (or your realtime database, if you like), and then dynamic
members will persist across asterisk restarts. Then get rid of your
static members. Then implement extensions that agents can call to log in
and out, that call AddQueueMember and RemoveQueueMember.