[asterisk-users] TE110P Wildcard does not work with Ubuntu 12.04 server

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Aug 22 09:45:01 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:09:54PM +0200, Shitian Long wrote:
> I am trying to setup TE110P wildcard on a PBX running ubuntu 12.04
> server edition. I followed the procedure from
> http://docs.digium.com/misc/ADL_quickstart.pdf step by step.
>
> During the process of installing "dahdi-linux-complete"
>
> I got following warnings:
>
> root at ubuntu:/usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1# make
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> 	LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
> 	LC_ALL = (unset),
> 	LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
> 	LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>

> Frist of, I am wondering if this error matters?

I think you can safely ignore these warnings. You might need to make
sure those locales are properly setup on your server to get rid of
the warnings. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1346581

> Second question, after installation process complete, and reboot the machine
>
> I got the following error, when machine boot up:

> wcte11xp: error
>
> I think the TE110P card is no properly loaded.

You will want to runt he dmesg command after trying to load the
driver to see if there are any errors listed.

Run these commands as root and send the output:

  # dmesg -c > /dev/null
  # /etc/init.d/dahdi stop
  # modprobe wte11xp
  # dmesg

> I try to confirm my thought by using
> root at ubuntu:~# dahdi_tool
>
> There is no interface listed on the table.
>
> I am wondering if anyone got idea about this issue. Thanks.

dahdi_tool will not be able to see the interface since the driver
failed to load in the previous step.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer